[ECOS] Flash infrastructure rework

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri Aug 6 13:22:00 GMT 2004

> I put the code on a branch so that a few people can test it and so we
> get a better idea how stable the code is with hardware i don't have
> access to.

This is what i decided to do. In cvs there is now a branch called
flash_v2. If you checkout/update to that branch you will get my new
flash code. There is also new generic drivers for SST and
Strata. Since so many targets use strata i did not want to modify them
all to use the new driver. So the strata driver is a new packets along
side the old one. For the SST driver i have modified all targets that
use it. That was easier since only the e7t and the aim711 use this
driver.

I've attached a hardware dependent driver for our platform which makes
use of the sst and strata device. This could be used as an example as
to how to modify the hardware dependent part of a flash driver to use
the new code.

One thing to watch out for is that the hardware dependent driver has
to go into libextras.a. If you forget this the driver will be thrown
away at link time...

And lastly a warning to testers.... There could be bugs which destroy
your boot loader etc. Make sure you can restore the device with jtag
before playing with this code.

        Thanks
                Andrew