[ECOS] Build redboot for GRG board with NPE

Mark Salter msalter@redhat.com
Wed Aug 4 13:16:00 GMT 2004

> Hi all,
> I have a GRG (Coyote) board. I want to compile a redboot ROM image with NPE
> support.

> I downloaded the Wasabi System GNU tool version 031121 for Intel Xscale and
> redboot source code (20040326). I also downloaded the npe-1.4.epk and
> IxNpeMicrocode.c from the latest Intel redboot 1.94. Following the release
> notes of redboot 1.94, I added the npe package to redboot source code and
> compiled. When it runs on Coyote board, it reports no network interface is
> found.

> Can anyone told me where to get the correct source code and tool chain?

How did you configure the build after adding the .epk to your sources?
You should have done something like:

  % ecosconfig new grg redboot
  % ecosconfig import ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/xscale/grg/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
  % ecosconfig add intel_npe
  % ecosconfig add grg_npe
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make