[ECOS] FailSafe Booting with RedBoot

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS@televes.com
Mon Apr 26 07:30:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am thinking about using RedBoot in my embedded
system, but i would need an unattended and failsafe
behaviour, detecting a bad previous booting to boot a
failsafe kernel (or similar working-flows, we are
still deciding). I have not found anything like this
implemented in this bootloader.

So, have someone modifyed Redboot to get a similar
result?. I have been studying the code and i've
concluded that it could be a solution overwrite the
cyg_start function in src/main.c to implement my
booting sequence. But maybe i am not in the right
direction. Can someone give me advise? Is there any
patch for doing those things with redboot? Are those
modification acceptable under RedBoot License?

Thanks to all

Alex Bastos