[ECOS] How to make the MPC860 target for little endian

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Apr 23 18:11:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 22:58, Venkatadri potluri wrote:
> How to make the MPC860 target for little endian mode?
>

> In the cdl_component CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC860{
>
>     cdl_option  CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MSBFIRST the cpu variant is defined for
> big-endian mode only. How can I change it to little endian mode.
>
> thanks..
>
> regards
> pv

Sorry, but there are no little-endian targets currently defined for the
860.  You'd have to add such support to the PowerPC tree (look at the
ARM tree and see what the differences are there for big vs little endian
systems)

Why would you want to run a PowerPC in little endian mode anyway?  It is
inherently big endian...  The only system I ever heard of that tried to
use it in little endian was Windows/NT (*way* back when) and that was
abandoned by around 1996.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates