[ECOS] Simulator problems on EB40a

Martin msie02@kom.auc.dk
Fri Apr 23 13:14:00 GMT 2004


Regards

I am trying to run the classic ”hello world” on a simulator for EB40a. I
have done the following:

1) Compiled the ecos: Template: “EB40a”, startup type “rom”, build library

2) Linked and compiled the program: “arm-elf-gcc -g -I
opt/ecos/work/ecos_rom_std_install/include hello.c -L
/opt/ecos/work/ecos_rom_std_install/lib/ -Ttarget.ld –nostdlib”

3) Connect to the target: “arm-elf-gdb a.out”
        GNU gdb 5.3 (eCosCentric)
        Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
        GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.
        Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
        There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
        This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-
elf"...

   a) tar sim --board=eb40a
        Connected to the simulator.
            
   b) load
        Loading section .rom_vectors, size 0x40 vma 0x1000000
        Loading section .text, size 0xfedc vma 0x1000040
        Loading section .rodata, size 0x2a0 vma 0x100ff1c
        Loading section .data, size 0x378 vma 0x4000
        Start address 0x1000040
        Transfer rate: 534944 bits in <1 sec.

   c) run
        Starting program: /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/a.out

Afterwards nothing happens. Is it correct that I need to build the tree for
“ROM startup”, when I want to run my program on the simulator without any
monitor? Am I missing anything here? I checked out the eCos CVS about two
weeks ago.

/Martin


--
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss



More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list