[ECOS] newbie question on redboot

kneep caozhiyuan@hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:13:00 GMT 2004

Dear All,

	Hello!
	I want to disable any code in Redboot that handles PCI since we'll run Linux later and it will do the job.
	Would you please give me step-by-step guide on how to remove the pci related code in Redboot?
	I have finished reading the CDL related documents in eCos manual. I have another question.
	I have comment out any extra packages except HALs as below,

	target ixdp425 {
        alias { "IXDP425 board" ixdp425 }
        packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_CORE
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_IXP425
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_IXDP425
        }
        description "
        The ixdp425 target provides the packages needed to run
        eCos on an Intel network processor evaluation board."
	}

	but i think it doesn't work since the output image files are of the same size as those that incule these extra packages.
	And after i commented out the corresponding packages in redboot_XXX.ecm, the image size became smaller.
	So, what is the relationship between CDL file and redboot_XXX.ecm? If i want to remove some feature in redboot, which file should I edit? Or both?
	I think the online manual gives enough information about how to customize the CDL file but little about the .ecm file.
	I need information about .ecm file. For example, what is '-hardware' and '-template'? How to customize this file?
	Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
漏掳漏麓漏掳漏麓漏掳篓q漏陇篓r篓q漏陇漏陇篓r篓q漏陇漏陇篓r漏掳漏陇漏陇篓r
漏娄篓t篓q篓s漏娄篓q篓r漏娄漏娄篓q篓r漏娄漏娄篓q篓r漏娄漏娄篓q篓r漏娄
漏娄篓q篓r篓r漏娄漏娄漏娄漏娄漏娄漏掳漏陇篓s漏娄漏掳漏陇篓s漏娄漏掳漏陇篓s
漏赂漏录漏赂漏录漏赂漏录漏赂漏录篓t漏陇漏陇篓s篓t漏陇漏陇篓s漏赂漏录
kneep
Email & MSN: caozhiyuan@hotmail.com