[ECOS] Re: Creating UART driver

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Thu Apr 15 09:32:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 23:12, Sam Pham wrote:
> In your post, you mentioned about the problem of
> having 2 different UART types in 1 board.  How would
> you resolve this issue other than using FPGA which is
> specific only to EB40a?
>
> Thanks.

The FPGA we're using is not "specific only to EB40a". In fact, an FPGA
is not any different to any other UART chip as far as the software is
concerned(except the FPGA has to be initialised early before eCos starts
initialising hardware).

I don't know if the above helps, because I don't think I understand what
exactly you are asking about. :-)

--

Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com