[ECOS] using the Macraigor Wiggler w/MPC8260

Paul Fine pfine@mitre.org
Thu Apr 8 13:46:00 GMT 2004

It has been a long time since I looked at the Wiggler, but here is what
I remember, ...

When you install the Wiggler software for the Voyager MPC8260 board
(VADS), you get a script to initialize the board.  I think that the
script is in the Program Files\Macraigor directory, but I don't have it
installed anymore, so I can't be sure.

I have attached two scripts, one that I used for the VADS board (I may
have modified this one for the original) and one I used to initialize
our custom MPC8260 board.

The scripts should set up enough of the registers (IMMR, MMU stuff, chip
selects) so that you can download software to RAM (and Flash).  Of
course, you may need to customize the script to work with your board.

Good Luck,
--Paul