[ECOS] isr routine does not invoke for RTC interrupt

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Sep 17 10:14:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:50:04PM +0900, Satish Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>    i m testing this clocktruth.cxx in the kernel/tests/ directory
> to test my on-board timer. well i see that though the corresponding
> timer interrupt gets generated, the isr routine is not called..i don`t
> understand how to solve this problem.
>
>    also my RTC time period is set to 1, since it generates 1 sec
> timer interval for 1 Hz clock input. i m not sure were i have gone wrong.
>
> plz feel free to ask details to answer my queries..

RTC means real time clock. It gives you the time of day, 11.07 BST,
17/09/2003.

eCos does not use this sort of clock. eCos uses a plain timer. These
are generally a count down register clocked by a high speed
clock. When it reaches zero, it interrupts and reloads the
counter. eCos normally sets this up to generate 100 interrupts per
second.

So you need to change you HAL so that i uses a timer and not the RTC.

   Andrew