[ECOS] i386-elf-gcc multi-lib patch for software FP

David Vrabel dvrabel@arcom.com
Thu Sep 4 14:06:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

The attached patch to GCC 3.3.1 adds multi-lib support for the i386-elf
target to build libgcc's for software floating point (e.g., for a i386
with no 387).  Specifically:

$ i386-elf-gcc -print-multi-lib
.;
m386;@mcpu=i386
soft-float;@msoft-float
soft-float/nofp;@msoft-float@mno-fp-ret-in-387
m386/soft-float;@mcpu=i386@msoft-float
m386/soft-float/nofp;@mcpu=i386@msoft-float@mno-fp-ret-in-387

Before I pass the patch onto the GCC guys is there anything wrong/missing?

(Ultimately, I suppose that adding FPU emulation to the eCos i386 HAL
would be a better solution.)

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom                         Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Clifton Road                  Fax: +44 (0)1223 403400
Cambridge CB1 7EA             E-mail: dvrabel@arcom.com
UK                            Web: http://www.arcom.com/

http://www.messagelabs.com