[ECOS] Contributing changes back to ECOS

John Newlin jnewlin@rawbw.com
Wed Oct 29 18:17:00 GMT 2003

Andrew Lunn wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:02:38AM -0800, John Newlin wrote:
>

>>I'm not using GCC as the compiler for my architecture.  I made a small
>>change to ecosconfig to read in a new global option that sets CC in all
>>the makefiles.  I doubt this is useful to many people, but I'd be happy
>>to make patch files and send them in, just not sure the correct place.
>>

>I think people would be more interesting in knowning your experiance
>of using something other than gcc. This is not easy to do.
>
>What compiler are you using. How are you doing constructor
>prioritization etc.

Oh good questions.  Unfortunately I'm only building Redboot, which is
all C code as far as I know.

And for the curious I'm working on the Xtensa architecture
(www.tensilica.com for more info about Xtensa).  The compiler is the
compiler supplied from Tensilica.  They have both gcc, and their own
compiler.  Neither of which is named in the traditional GNU format
(xtensa-elf-gcc etc), so the PREFIX didn't work for me.

-John