[ECOS] ymodem problems

Artur Lipowski LAL@pro.onet.pl
Wed Oct 29 07:05:00 GMT 2003

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> - at91 serial drivers. The same problem appears with and without the PDC
> code enabled.
SOA #1

> - HyperTerminal. A fine piece of software from the early 90's.
IMHO it is not good software (to be honest).
I remember (from another forum) many problems and complaints from people
using Hypertermnial for communication with AVRs.

> - redboot ymodem routines. Do the ymodem redboot routines have
> difficulties recovering from a period of silence/errors?
There are some timeouts coded inside so it depends how long/many
silence/errors you encounter. Eg. I started loading ELF image then
decided to stop transfer and it takes over 30 seconds before redboot
give up and display "prompt".
I also found (not much investigation) that redboot running from ROM (on
EB40A) is not capable to transfer at higher speed than 56kbs.

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski