[ECOS] MPC860 Quick question

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Tue Oct 28 07:53:00 GMT 2003

Radu Cernea said:
> Hello,
>
> It looks to me that the quicc_smc1.c file fits the MPC850 processor, but not
> the MPC860 for the SMC2 initialization. The difference is in the pin
> allocation for SMC2:
>
> - Port B21 & B20 for MPC860
> - Port A9 & A8 for MPC850
>
> The current version of quicc_smc1.c initialize the port pins MPC850-like
> (function cyg_hal_smcx_init_channel).
>
> My question is:
> How is it better to add the MPC860 initialization version to the eCos sources?
> Should I create a new file, use a conditional pre-compilation flag, orÂ
?

What version of quicc_smc1.c are you looking at?  There is supposed to be complete
support already in place for SMC1/SMC2 and SCC1/SCC2/SCC4.  If this is not the
case, we need to fix it *there*, not add new code somewhere else.

> Also, there is a reference to a table (Table 16-39) in the quicc_smc1.c file,
> but I do not know where to find it. In MPC850UM.pdf and MPC860UM.pdf, the Port
> A and B configuration tables are: 34-1 and 34-6.

Those references are (sadly) from very old printed documents.  You'll have to
figure out what they correspond to in the newer PDF files.