[ECOS] to consume cpu time

Doug Fraser dfraser@photuris.com
Wed Oct 22 21:02:00 GMT 2003

One method of forcing nanosecond delays that I have
used is to read from FLASH. It is usually not cached
(to avoid programming problems) and also responds
in fixed time to a read cycle for most hardware.
For example, on our MPC850 based hardware, a FLASH
read (Intel Strata) responds in exactly 150nS.
You can get very consistent delay loops this way.

Doug Fraser