[ECOS] to consume cpu time

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Wed Oct 22 11:30:00 GMT 2003

Luca Formaggio <luca_formaggio@yahoo.it> writes:

> Hi. I need to consume a cpu time in a program. This
> time is in nanoseconds. Is there a ecos function that
> consume time in nanoseconds? If it exists, how I call
> this function from my program?

There's nothing in eCos that can handle that. The best we have is
HAL_DELAY_US() which approximates a given microsecond delay.

If you want to insert delays for sub-microsecond periods then the best
approach is probably to use timed code loops. Even then, your timing
is going to be thrown out by any interupts. Even cache misses or DRAM
refresh cycles may affect you.