[ECOS] problem with cyg/kernel/kapi.h

Alexander Popov s_popov@prosyst.bg
Fri Oct 17 16:23:00 GMT 2003

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 05:44:00PM +0300, Alexander Popov wrote:
>
>>I can't find cyg_handlg_t in the header files for the target.
>>What am I doing wrog - can I use cyg/kernel/kapi.h that way?
>

> Yes you can, with a correctly configured and built system. Not you
> don't need to give the full path either, which is a bad idea.
>
> A guess would be you have a confused build directory. Have you build
> redboot in the same directory? Thats a common mistake.
>
> Start from an empty directory and do a clean configuration and build.
>
> ecosconfig new pc
> ecosconfig tree
> make

10x Andrew,

I found the problem...
When I added the POSIX compatibility layers this was resolved...

btw: the target image that I used was built with the pc-i386 template
(trough configtool)...

bbtw: when I added the POSIX compatibility layer the build failed... it
came out that the CYGSEM_LIBC_SIGNALS_POSIX directive was not added to
the build options ( I had to do this manualy - is that wrong? ).
Without it the cyg/posix/export.h failed on line 100 ( sigset_t was not
defined - it was in cyg/libc/signals/signal.h in the
#ifdef CYGSEM_LIBC_SIGNALS_POSIX ).

> Then try your "hello world" with this.
>
>      Andrew

Best Regards,
--
Alexander Popov                    ProSyst Bulgaria Inc.
RTOS Leader                        48 Vladajska Str.

The wonderful thing about Linux is that there is always at
least one more undiscovered way to do almost anything.
              Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (comp.os.linux.embedded)