[ECOS] Trouble with SCC3 on AdderII module

Paul Randall prandall@delta-info.com
Tue Oct 7 14:52:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I have a A&M AdderII module and I am trying to communicate using the
serial port.  The serial port on the AdderII uses SCC3 (the only SCC
available on the MPC852T).  However, when I do a cyg_io_lookup(
"/dev/scc3", &scc_handle ), the call fails becase SCC3 is not in the
driver list.

I build eCos under Windows using the Configuration Tool.  I check the
"Hardware serial device drivers" option and the "PowerPC QUICC/SCC
serial port 3 driver" selection under it.

 From my experience using SCC1 on the Viper, I know the following line
should be in the \pkgconf\system.h file:

#define CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER
<pkgconf/io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h>

This line is not in the \pkgconf\system.h file for the AdderII, but I
can't figure out why not.  This is preventing the
pkgconf\io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h file from being included in the
\pkgconf\io_serial.h file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Randall
Delta Digital Video