[ECOS] Issue in boot script

G.Muruganandam gmuruga@gdatech.com
Fri Oct 3 19:25:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am working on the IXP2xxx platform to boot linux using the boot script.

The linux image is in the flash.
I am able to use the following command at the redboot prompt to boot
the linux. Its working fine.

Redboot> fis load zImage
Redboot>exec 0x10008000

But when I include the same command under the boot script and allows the system
to boot using the script, it is not working. I could see the system waiting
for the Ctrl +c
from user to abort the booting. But it is not reading the boot script and
executing it .

I can see the boot script residing in the flash using the following command.

RedBoot> fconfig -li
Run script at boot: true
Boot script:
.. fis load zImage
.. exec 0x10008000

Boot script timeout (1000ms resolution): 100
Use BOOTP for network configuration: true
GDB connection port: 9000
Network debug at boot time: false
RedBoot>

Please let me know  what I am missing and do let me know if you need more
details.

Thanks
G.Muruganandam