[ECOS] RE : [ECOS] Is JFFS2 thread-safe?

David Woodhouse dwmw2@infradead.org
Fri Nov 28 11:14:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 10:15 +0100, Vincent Catros wrote:
> If I understand, JFFS2 should be thread safe, but this has never been
> tested since multual access is avoided by fileio layer when using
> CYG_SYNCMODE_FILE_FILESYSTEM flag?

It's never been tested under eCos, although the same JFFS2-internal
locking is well-tested under Linux.

If there are bugs, they are with the mapping from Linux locking
primitives to eCos locking primitives. In particular, in the presence of
preemptive scheduling I suspect that the spin_lock() primitive should be
getting a scheduler lock.

--
dwmw2