[ECOS] Why the application run on redboot uncorrectly?

xie boyan xieboyan@hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:23:00 GMT 2003

>From: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
>To: xie boyan <xieboyan@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Why the application run on redboot uncorrectly?
>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:34:56 +0100
>
> >           RedBoot> load -v -r -h MyHost -m TFTP -b 0x800040 hello.elf
> > the tftp transportation looks like correct because the informations
> > displayed on screen is normal. Of course my executable application
Hello is
> > under the directory /tftpboot on my host PC.
>
>Read:
>
>http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/download-command.html
>
>-r does not make sense for an elf file. You also don't need -b 0x80040
>with elf files.
>
>      Andrew

Hi, Andrew

I try to do as your instructions, but it also failed.

My template is samsung snds, my toolchain is arm-elf-gcc, my packages
included are :
    ARM comman HAL, Comman HAL, CRC Support, Comman ethernet support,
    ISO C and Posix infrastructure, ISO C library string functions,
Infrastructure,
    RedBoot, Samsung SNDS, Samsung KS32C50000 Ethernet driver, Comman HAL
and the tftp server on my host is in.tftpd which I started by using command
"in.tftpd -l".

I download the hello elf file by using command:
     load -v -h MyHost -m tftp /tftpboot/hello
and it failed by displaying "Abort! Attempt to load ELF data to address:
0x00020000 which
is not  in RAM."

I need your further help.

Bestg Regards!