[ECOS] SH3 Redboot startup

Chris Blood cblood@ad-holdings.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 11:36:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to the eCos community and I'm trying to port eCos to a
bespoke SH3 platform. I am using eCos 2.0 under Cygwin / Win2k with
eCosCentric SH toolset.

I have ported to our system from a standard SH3 evaluation board and
built a Redboot ROM image. (PS IMO Rod Campbell is correct about the
FRCR register settings - according to the SH7709S manual the FRCR value
is sometimes an illegal value). My system will run all the way to the
"Redboot>" and then stop. It will not respond to any serial input at
this point.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Chris Blood