[ECOS] Why the application run on redboot uncorrectly?

xie boyan xieboyan@hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 01:38:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm a newbie on eCos.
I use the samsung snds board as target, and I make the redboot down onto
the target flash. All is OK when the redboot bootup the target board.

I download my Hello World application example program into RAM using
command bellow:
           RedBoot> load -v -r -h MyHost -m TFTP -b 0x800040 hello.elf
the tftp transportation looks like correct because the informations
displayed on screen is normal. Of course my executable application Hello is
under the directory /tftpboot on my host PC.

But when I use command "GO 0x800040" to execute this program, troubles
occured: my target board corrupted and halt, and the following message
displayed:

     RedBoot> go 0x800040

$T050f:020a0400;0d:e8060200;#49$T050f:020a0400;0d:e8060200;#49$T050f:020a0400;0)

Could someone tell me why this happened, and how can I make my application
run on the eCos?

Thanks in advance

--Boyan Xie