[ECOS] Multiple GCC's, keeping them straight

Chuck McManis ecos@mcmanis.com
Sun Nov 23 17:59:00 GMT 2003

I'm being challenged by having multiple GCC tool chains around. It occurred
to me that some readers might do this because they have multiple
architectures to support and could thus offer some advice.

What I'm trying to do is to have gcc 3.3.2 both 'native' and 'target' mode
in my path. The goal is actually to have gcj (both 'native' and 'target')
in my path so that I can compile Java code into my ECOS application.

It hasn't been working particularly well, and I seem to get hung up in the
binutils (either ld or perhaps gas) picking up the native one when I want
the target one. Do folks run multiple chains in the same directory
(differentiated by "gcc" vs "i386-elf-gcc" for example) or do they run with
multiple paths and set those paths in Makefiles or something?

--Chuck