[ECOS] EB40A & Reboot ROM trouble

Linux HA linuxha@comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 16:24:00 GMT 2003

Nick Garnett wrote:
> Linux HA <linuxha@comcast.net> writes:
>

>>I tried to follow the directions for building and running
>>RedBoot but I seem to be having trouble with the ROM portion.
>>I'm using the 'current' version from the cvs and the RedBoot
>>RAM version is working as I can type Version and it allows
>>my to d/l the ROM version of the code. But when I change the
>>jumper to User and push reset the only thing that happens
>>is all the lights on the load come on. No message on the
>>console port. Has anyone else had any problems such as this?
>

> Make sure that you are installing a ROM build and not the RAM build.

90% sure it's ROM, I gave it the direct path for download.

> Also check that the jumper is in the right place when you program the
> flash.

Again 90% sure otherwise Angel wouldn't start.

>        Use the "dump" command to look at flash at 0x01100000 and
> compare the contents with the redboot.bin file.

Hmm, that's a good idea, Thanks.

Looks like there might be something else wrong with the board (a
hardware problem). I'm going to build a JTAG interface and check
it out after I do a bit more research that it's not something
that will destroy the JTAG & PC.

Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)