[ECOS] How to build a toolchain for ARM/thumb, that support -fshort-doub le

Jepsen Hans Peter hans_peter_jepsen@Danfoss.com
Fri Nov 14 18:33:00 GMT 2003

Hello

To get better performance, we want to use the -fshort-double option, when we
build ecos and our application.

To us it the toolchain and eCos supports this. But that there is one
problem, newlib is not supporting with the build instructions on
http://ecos.sourceware.org/build-toolchain.html.

Is this correct?

If yes, how to build newlib, so that -fshort-doubleworks?

If possible, we would like a multilib build of newlib, so that it selects
the correct version of newlib, if -fshort-double is used.

regards

Hans Peter