[ECOS] POSIX close() issue

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Thu Nov 13 18:07:00 GMT 2003

"Steve Strublic" <SStrublic@hypercom.com> writes:

> My question is, why perform the FILEIO_MUTEX_LOCK at all in cyg_fp_free()?  cyg_file_lock()
> conditionally performs FILEIO_MUTEX_LOCK if the file's syncmode is CYG_SYNCMODE_IO_FILE.

These are locks on different mutexes. In cyg_fp_free() it is locking
fdlock which protects the file descriptors and file objects. In
cyg_file_lock() the lock is in the file object itself.

> Or why not also condition performing the mutex lock on this same syncmode?
>
> Or am I doing something illegal???

Unfortunately you are. The FILEIO system was not implemented with the
idea that filesystem implementations would call back into it.