[ECOS] Angst-ridden eCos newbie trying to build HTTP server (Gary Thomas?)

Michael Trozzo trozzo@arcor.de
Wed Nov 12 02:21:00 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying to put together the HTTP server  on an i386 target as it is on the
MLB Associates website, but I'm stuck in a couple of places.  My development
environment is SuSE 8.2.

First I tried to set up the kernel:
mht@linux:~/work> cd httpd_test
mht@linux:~/work/httpd_test> cd ecos_kernel
mht@linux:~/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel> ecosconfig new i386 net
ecos.db: error
    couldn't read file "/home/mht/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel/ecos.db": no
such file or directory
Invalid package database.

I used the eCos GUI and I was able to build it. One question I have at this
point is: Should I set the startup type to floppy or leave it at ROM?

Anyway, on to the next step. I unzipped the necessary files and patch...now I
´m trying to set up the application. (NOTE: My work directory sits outside
the eCos structure, at /home/mht/work...could this be an issue as well?)

mht@linux:~> sh /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/build_Make.params /home/mht/work/
httpd_test/ecos_kernel
Not an eCos install tree
usage: <eCos_repository>/build_Make.params [<eCos_install_dir>]

mht@linux:~> sh /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/build_Make.params /home/mht/work/
httpd_test/ecos_kernel/httptest1_install
Not an eCos install tree
usage: <eCos_repository>/build_Make.params [<eCos_install_dir>]

mht@linux:~> sh /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/examples/build_Make.params /home/mht/work/
httpd_test/ecos_kernel/httptest1_build
Not an eCos install tree
usage: <eCos_repository>/build_Make.params [<eCos_install_dir>]
mht@linux:~>

I'm not quite sure what I'm missing...but I'm pulling what's left of my hair
out on this!  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mike Trozzo