[ECOS] ECOS development model

Adrian Caceres adrian@atheros.com
Tue Nov 11 01:19:00 GMT 2003

I was a tad surprised by the answer below regarding what version of ECOS
should an
app developer use so I was wondering what did I miss:

- What is open source community development model for  ECOS?

Many open source projects have some form of a stable release model
where some form of testing has been performed and it is somewhat
"blessed" by
the maintainers.

I thought/assumed that ECOS had a similar model and that 2.0 was a stable
version.  And that it would be expected for an ECOS user to base a new
project off such stable version.  And that going forwards there
would be other stable releases such as 2.1 or 3.0, etc.

So I was a tad surprised that Gary recommended the use of the CVS tree
directly .  I would have expected that the CVS tree was really the ECOS
development source tree, that it would suffer from the instability such
a source would have, and thus would not be a recommended choice
for someone developing an app for it.

Did I miss something?  Was the context of the thread below regarding a
feature that is going into the ECOS source tree and I missed it?

thanks

adrian