[ECOS] EB40A: Using only port 1 in redboot

eibach@gdsys.de eibach@gdsys.de
Tue Nov 4 06:56:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

> Is there a way to compile redboot for using only one
> port (second port) as console in redboot for a EB40A
> derivative build.

Sure. Go to configtool. Turn "Redboot ROM monitor->Build Redboot ROM ELF image->Allow RedBoot to use any I/O channel for its console." to False.
Then set "eCos HAL->ARM architecture->Atmel AT91 variant HAL-> Atmel EB40A eval board HAL->Debug serial port" to "1". While you are there you can set "Console/GDB serial port baud rate" to a higher value if you like (maybe 115200). (You can use that baudrate with gdb by the command "set remotebaud xxx".)
After the changes safe, compile and flash it. Have fun.

Regards,
Dirk

To: smaniam@yahoo.com
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com