[ECOS] RedBoot for Intel IXP425 platform

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Thu May 29 16:46:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 06:43:50AM -0600, Gary D. Thomas wrote:

> The currently released version of RedBoot does not support the
> NPE ethernet devices (the non-PCI ones).  Look for Intel to
> release this in the future - I don't know the schedule.
>
> Of course, contacting Intel with your request might speed this
> up :-)

Last time I checked, the in-memory size of the NPE Ethernet
driver was unbelievably, mind-bogglingly HUGE.  Larger than the
Linux Kernel.  You'd end up with a 2MB boot-loader.  Hopefully,
Intel will figure out how to trim the driver down to under 1MB.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com