[ECOS] suggestion required for optimum Timer interrupt rate -i.e tick rate

Iztok Zupet iz@vsr.si
Thu May 29 13:41:00 GMT 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 14:18, radhakrishnan R wrote:
> In eCos the default timer inettrupt rate programmed is
> 10 miili second.
>  What is the optimum timer interrupt rate to be
> programmed??. Is this parameter application
> specific??.

  That is an average optimum. For instance it works well on a 133 Mhz K5x86
CISC. If You have an 1.6 Ghz/400Mhz Pentium 4 CPU you can change that to 1 ms
(according to my calculation and experiments).

Regards
iz