[ECOS] program redboot rom image to flash.

Gary D. Thomas gary.thomas@mind.be
Tue May 27 13:03:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 23:41, Ryle_Liu@dlink.com.cn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My target is ARM946E-S CPU, 2 4Mx16 SDRAM(NT5SV4M16DT-7K), 1M
> Flash(AM29LV800BB-90EC).I built a redboot_ROM.bin according to "Rebuilding
> RedBoot using ecosconfig" as follows:
> $ mkdir redboot_ROM
> $ cd redboot_ROM
> $ ecosconfig new pid redboot
> $ ecosconfig import
> /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0b1/packages/hal/arm/pid/v2_0b1/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
> $ make
> and I find 'redboot.bin' at install/bin directory, its size is 73572. but,
> the flash sector size is 64k. so I can't program redboot.bin to flash boot
> sector. I don't know how to resolve this problem. anyone know that? please
> tell me.

If you have to get RedBoot to fit into 64K then you may need to
configure it to trim some functionality.  There are lots of options
in there, each providing you with a lot of control over what ends
up in the image, and ultimately the size of the image.

> another is, the ecosconfig build the default ecos.ecc project file, and
> it's default cpu is arm7,do i need to change it to arm9? it seems that
> ecos.ecc have not pid serial driver, can it working?

First of all, a board using ARM964 is not the "pid".  The target used
(like "pid") describes your hardware.  Such a description would include
the fact that this is an ARM9 core.  Try reading the porting
documentation to see how these things relate.

RedBoot uses only the HAL serial routines, not the serial driver.

> I download a redboot_ROM.img from webpage, can i program it to flash
> directly?

Only if there is one out there for your *platform*

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>