[ECOS] adding powerpc mpc561 cpu specific options to existing cdl file

Ian Gilmour ian.gilmour@ffei.co.uk
Tue May 27 10:03:00 GMT 2003

Up to now I've simply hacked at Bob Konincx cme555 target (thanks Bob) in my
ecos archive to get my Axiom cmd561 target working.

Having now got it into a reasonable state I thought I'd have a go at adding
it properly to my archive.

But I'm having a bit of trouble with the cdl file format. Probably something
simple. So hopefully one of you can help.

hal_powerpc_mpc5xxx.cdl declares a  CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC5xx package which
in turn contains a CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC555 component. Fair enough I
thought I'll simply copy the CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC555 and rename it
CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC561 and edit it's contents accordingly (the mpc561
differences are pretty minor).

But this gives me redefinition errors.

e.g.
  Option `CYGNUM_HAL_ISR_SOURCE_PRIORITY_MIOS_B' cannot be loaded. The name
is already in use.

So how do I get around the problem where I want the same options (but with
different defaults) for a different component in the same package definition
file? Or alternatively how else do I resolve this?

cheers,

Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This message and any attachment is confidential and is protected by
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please email the sender or
telephone +44 (0)1442 213440 and delete this message and any attachment from
your system. Dissemination and or copying of this email is prohibited if you
are not the intended recipient.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and any attachments are
virus free. You should take full responsibility for virus checking.

No responsibility is accepted by FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging Limited for
personal emails or emails unconnected with FUJIFILM Electronic Imaging
Limited's business.