[ECOS] hello..I have a problem about make redboot suport IPv6

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Mon May 26 08:02:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 01:50:34PM +0800, louk wrote:

> Subject: hello..I have a problem about make redboot suport IPv6
>
> when i make a redboot
> I want it support ipv6 for ping6
>
> so i include the package of FreeBSD_STACK

No. Redboot has its own little TCP/IP stack. Have a look in
packages/redboot/current/support/net/. This is a very simple IP stack,
which is IPv4 only. IPv6 in redboot is not possible.

> but the configtool say
> "
> you also need
>
> CYGINT_ISO_STRING_BSD_FONCS
> CYGINT_ISO_C_TIME_TYPES
> CYGINT_ISO_MALLOC
>
> "
>
> but I can't find the packages about "CYGINT"
>
> anybout have an idea?
> or ...I have other way to let I can use ping6 for my need ?

What are you trying to do. Do you really need IPv6 in redboot, or do
you actually want IPv6 in the application?

    Andrew