[ECOS] Does eCos supports chained interrupt?

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri May 23 02:42:00 GMT 2003

Zi Zhou wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> My understanding about CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_CHAIN
> is different from what I want to achieve here.  e.g. if my platform supports 5
> interrupt
> vectors,  each is for different peripherial devices, among them one is to service 3
> PCI devices.
> If I enable CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_CHAIN, all these 5 interrupt vectors
> will be chained together, so all my ISRs ( including ISRs for the PCI devices, uart,
> etc ) need to
> check if the interrupt is for it to process.

That shouldn't be the case. There isn't a single ISR for *every*
interrupt... there's one ISR capable of chaining installed on *each*
interrupt separately. It's the same _function_ installed on each
interrupt, but it is passed different data so that it calls different
chained handlers for each interrupt.