[ECOS] RedBoot load problem

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Thu May 22 13:25:00 GMT 2003

"Martin Schoeberl" <martin.schoeberl@chello.at> writes:

> I'm using an old 486 notebook for first tests. I've installed the eCos
> version from the book 'Embedded Software Dev. w. eCos'. Everything works
> fine till the download of the first example via Hyperterminal. The download
> starts but after about 20KB it stops and host and traget run into timeouts.

The most common cause of this sort of thing is that the application is
being loaded over the top of RedBoot. The download fails when it
overwrites a piece of code or data that is being used by the download.

Check that the application has not been built with FLOPPY startup, but
with RAM startup; and that you are using a fresh build directory, not
the same one redboot was built in.