[ECOS] running twothreads problem

Gary D. Thomas gary.thomas@mind.be
Thu May 22 00:40:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:17, Aaron Richardson wrote:
> Ok.  I am able to build, load, and run an ecos application.  The hello world
> application is running just fine.  However, when I run the twothreads program
> the code gets locked up.  I get the following on the console:
>
> Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
> Beginning execution; thread data is 0
> Beginning execution; thread data is 1
>
> I turned on tracing and it doesnt ever come back from idle_thread_main.
>

> Also I was able to get some tests running (although not all compile) and
> several of the first few failed.  Perhaps this points to the same problem?
> Here are the tests that failed.
>
> context
> bm_sem1
> bm_sem2
> clock0
> clock1(never finishes)
> clocktruth(never finishes)

First guess is that you're not getting any system clock interrupts.
This would prevent the clock tests from working, as well as any of
the others that require multiple threads to be scheduled.

If 'context' doesn't work, you have fundamental scheduling problems.
I'd get it fixed first.  Then try and see if interrupts work at all,
etc.  GDB is a handy tool for this.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>