[ECOS] building a hal variant for my specific application

Sivakamesh Thota thota@cosmic.utah.edu
Fri May 16 19:51:00 GMT 2003

hi,
My application needs to have a hal varient to be compatible with the
hardware I have ( Basically a pc board with VME bus with AMD ethernet
support). Can I add the AMD ethernet driver support to the existing pc
i386-elf template? My first objective is to build the custom redboot image
for the my pc board. later I guess i can switch to the vme bus by adding
the vme bus driver. I wonder is there anyway of just modifying the pc
hardware template to facilitate the AMD ethernet device driver instead of
Intel ethernet support. Since Intel ethernet cards being the default
network drivers for pc boards. Any help regarding this is welcome.
thanks
bye
thota