[ECOS] help for a ecos beginner

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Thu May 8 22:28:00 GMT 2003

Hi Fredrik,

For running any target application (written by you). You need to do the
following:

1. Build Redboot (ROM start-up configuration) & burn the binary into Flash
(at 0x00000000)
2. Build the ecos library (RAM start-up configuration)
3. Compile your ecos application & link in with the ecos library (use the
Makefile under examples as template). This will output the RAM downloadable
executable (binary or SREC & ELF).
4. Use arm-elf-gdb to load & execute the application.

     |                 _____
     |Target App            |
RAM |    +                 |--- RAM startup image (downloaded into
     |ecos library          |    RAM using Redboot's GDB over serial or ..)

Flash|redboot with GDB stubs --- ROM startup image (burnt in Flash).

Cheers,
-Mike.