[ECOS] ecos redboot compile problem.

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu May 1 01:45:00 GMT 2003

Beymer, Mike wrote:
> Patrick,
>   It appears that the build problem I was experiencing was due to a change
> in the memory layout file, mlt_arm_arm9_innovator_sram.ldi. The .data section
> was set to start at 0x8000, doing an objdump -h of redboot-sram.out the .data
> section is in sram at 0x20012dd0. After changing the .data section to follow
> the .gcc_except_table I started seeing output from the serial port.

I was just wondering if there was anything we needed to do to fix our
master sources, but it seems that mlt_arm_arm9_innovator_sram.ldi already
does this, or am I missing something?

     SECTION_rodata1          (sram, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
     SECTION_fixup            (sram, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
     SECTION_gcc_except_table (sram, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
     SECTION_fixed_vectors    (ram,  0x20,        LMA_EQ_VMA)
     SECTION_data             (ram,  0x8000,
FOLLOWING(.gcc_except_table))
     SECTION_bss              (ram, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)