[ECOS] Bootloader for ARM integrator board

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu May 1 01:17:00 GMT 2003

Mehul Agarwal, Noida wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I am new to Linux.
>
> I want to port a bootloader for ARM integrator board which is based on
> ARM966-ES processor. Can I use the redboot for that purpose ?

You can use redboot as your bootloader yes.

> Also, is ecos
> necessary to be installed in the system where redboot is being built ?

You need to install the eCos environment, but you only build redboot.

 > Also,
> according to my understanding redboot is currently available for ARM7TDMI
> processor. Will it be necessary to port ecos also to ARM 966E-S in order
> that redboot works on ARM966E-S processor ?

Actually it does work on the ARM966E-S processor. Use the integrator_arm9
target.