[ECOS] Re: jffs2 / eCos

Bob Koninckx bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Mar 31 06:50:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 23:22, Jörn Engel wrote:
> On Sun, 30 March 2003 22:49:40 +0200, Bob Koninckx wrote:
> >
> > I successfully included jffs2 in my powerpc based system. The fileio1
> > test runs sucessfully. I am now trying to flash an initial version of
> > the filesystem to be used by my application.
> >
> > The block size of my flash is 128kBytes. I made the filesystem image
> > with the following command
> >
> > mkfs.jffs2 -v --big-endian -e 0x20000 -r ./jffs2root -o jffs2root.img -p
> >
> > First I tried mkfs.jffs2 version 1.32. Mounting the filesystem did not
> > even succeed in this case. Apparently some magic number that needed to
> > be 1985 was read as 8519. Some endianness problem I suppose.
>
> You forgot -b (big endian), it seems.

I _did_ specify --big-endian. That has the same effect doesn't it ?

> > After upgrading to version 1.35, the filesystem can be mounted. Files
> > and directories appear to be present (the same fileio1 test still runs
> > sucessfull and lists what should be present). Opening a file on this
> > system seems to succeed (fopen returns a FILE * anyway). However, when I
> > try to _read_ from the file, I get EIO errors.
>
> This is strange. You still forgot -b but can mount it?
>
> Jörn
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma