[ECOS] more __impure_pointer trouble

Bob Koninckx bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Mar 28 23:48:00 GMT 2003

Hi Bart,

I applied your patch to get the __impure_ptr fix in the INFRA package.
pure.cxx is included and when I check libtarget.a with powerpc-eabi-nm,
the function __cxa_pure_virtual is present.

However, when linking my application with the command

powerpc-eabi-g++
-L/home/bob/software/build/eCos/ec555/vbcom/library/ecos/install/lib
-Wl,-static -Wl,--gc-sections -nostartfiles -nostdlib -Xlinker -Map
-Xlinker vbcom.map -o bin/vbcom.elf .obj/vbcom.o library/vbcom.a
library/vbcom_extras.o -Ttarget.ld
/home/bob/software/build/eCos/ec555/vbcom/library/sigc++/install/lib/libsigc++.a -lsupc++

I still get the unresolved errors for __impure_ptr (i tried to put
-lsupc++) on every possible location on the command line.

If on the other hand, I change the group statement in the eCos linker
script from GROUP(libtarget.a libgcc.a) to GROUP(libtarget.a libgcc.a
libsupc++.a) and I remove -lsupc++ from the command line, everything
links (and appears to run) fine.

Did I still miss something, or is a patch to powerpc.ld (and the other
target files also necessary) ?

Regards,
Bob
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma