[ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Mar 27 23:12:00 GMT 2003

Paul M. Øverby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to build the multi-ice-gdb-server according to the guide at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/multi-ice.html
> Having some problems following the instructions though. The directory
> structure is specified so messy! And I am using linux not cygwin...

It only works on Windows because the ARM multi-ice software (particularly
the DLL) is Windows only. Only ARM can do anything about that I'm afraid.

  > The next step is according to the guide to build the multi-ice-gdb-server.
> First it says go to my build dir "gdb/multi-ice", while the build dir
> specified in the guide is /tmp/migdb/build ?!?!

You should already be in /tmp/migdb/build, so:
  cd gdb/multi-ice
would take you into the correct directory, *but* I guess that directory
probably isn't even created when building on Linux since GDB knows that
the multi-ice stuff isn't supported on anything but windows.