[ECOS] RE: never ending debug problem

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Mar 27 21:36:00 GMT 2003

Westwood, Geoff wrote:

> This contained the 5.3  powerpc-eabi-gdb.exe I copied this exe over my old
> powerpc-eabi-gdb.exe file and also copied over the dlls in that folder
> I then got into gdb from the cygwin shell, the banner stated 5.3
> ecoscentric, so good so far.
>
> Now though when I type target remote 10.20.111.111:9000 I get "no more
> processes". If I then type load afterwards I get "You can't do that when
> your target is `exec'"

Ouch. You do seem to get problems :-). Definitely not seen that before,
but from the nature of the message I guess a cygwin incompatibility
between the (much more recent) GDB 5.3 and I guess an older cygwin that
came with your 00r1 tools.

So you can try uninstalling the cygwin, and installing according to the
instructions at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/cygwin.html