[ECOS] Question about Instrumentation? Thanks

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Mar 26 16:30:00 GMT 2003

Qiang Huang wrote:
> Thanks a lot. Now I tried to instrument the clock tick as well but I got
> some problem. I configured the ecos with instrument support and used the
> following program, but the output didn't contains the clock tick. shown in
> below thanks a lot.
>

> PROGRAM
> void cyg_start(void)
> {

Surely this means the scheduler hasn't started! The two events you list
are thread delay and thread sleep - since the kernel hasn't yet started it
operates only the thread available, the idle thread.

I'm amazed your program woke up at all after the delay without clock
interrupts.

>  int i;
>
>   diag_printf("Starting User Program!\n");
>
>  cyg_instrument_enable(CYG_INSTRUMENT_CLASS_CLOCK, 0);
>  cyg_instrument_enable(CYG_INSTRUMENT_CLASS_THREAD, 0);

Presumably you have CYGDBG_KERNEL_INSTRUMENT_FLAGS disabled in CDL
otherwise you wouldn't even get the output you are getting.