[ECOS] RedBoot and eCos application both using the same network port

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Tue Mar 25 17:08:00 GMT 2003

> My question:  For the final fix I can add an option to the
> ks32c5000 driver CDL to suppress the debug output from the
> driver,

The critical time is between the start of the init function and the
call like:

    // Initialize upper level driver
    if ( p_i82559->mac_addr_ok )
        (sc->funs->eth_drv->init)(sc, &(p_i82559->mac_address[0]) );
    else
        (sc->funs->eth_drv->init)(sc, NULL );

This is the time period the net driver it taking over from the redboot
driver. As part of the function above redboot is told whats happened.
I would disable all debug prints in this region. Others are safe.

  Andrew