[ECOS] Porting RedBoot to NEC V850 platform

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Mon Mar 24 20:12:00 GMT 2003

Stephan Eisvogel <eisvogsn@iis.fhg.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of putting eCos 2.xx onto the NEC startWARE V850/SA1
> development board to evaluate its capabilities as a RTOS. Our lab has
> so far been using MULTI2K from GHS and a NEC V850 ICE for development,
> but we want to try out GNU together with RedBoot. I get to work on eCos
> for the V850 as an internship project.
>
> Now, I realize nobody has ported RedBoot to V850, and I'm willing to
> do this myself, but I can't find documentation on how to go about this.
> I'm also relatively new to eCos. I really could use maybe a top 10 list
> of things that have to be done to get RedBoot over to V850, maybe one
> of the long-time developers can help me here?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Stephan

The HAL porting guide should contain most of what you want to
know. The basic technique it advocates is to port RedBoot first, then
do eCos.

You can find it here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html