[ECOS] Porting RedBoot to NEC V850 platform

Stephan Eisvogel eisvogsn@iis.fhg.de
Mon Mar 24 17:18:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting eCos 2.xx onto the NEC startWARE V850/SA1
development board to evaluate its capabilities as a RTOS. Our lab has
so far been using MULTI2K from GHS and a NEC V850 ICE for development,
but we want to try out GNU together with RedBoot. I get to work on eCos
for the V850 as an internship project.

Now, I realize nobody has ported RedBoot to V850, and I'm willing to
do this myself, but I can't find documentation on how to go about this.
I'm also relatively new to eCos. I really could use maybe a top 10 list
of things that have to be done to get RedBoot over to V850, maybe one
of the long-time developers can help me here?

Thank you in advance,
Stephan