[ECOS] Vr4131 porting issues

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Tue Mar 18 19:12:00 GMT 2003

> The first thing to note is that the vr4300 targets were all compiled
> with a special version of the compiler, the mips64vr4300-elf
> variant. The default eCos configuration assumes that compiler and GDB
> to work properly.
>
> I cannot recall now whether this was a build option for the
> public version, or was a Cygnus/Red Hat internal target that was
> shipped to NEC specifically for their customers.

Here is what the toolchain shipped to Ascom says. Does this help?

mips64vr4100el-elf-gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/pkg/plcuts/H686-mips64vr4100el-elf-1.5.2/lib/gcc-lib/mips64vr4100el-elf/2.96-ascom-011012/specs
gcc version 2.96-ascom-011012

It's had some work done to it for a minor silicon bug. I don't think
the work got put into the public sources because of NDA issues with
NEC or something. From what i've been told, the actual chance of the
bug causing problems is slim, so i don't think its that important.

    Andrew